Video: Ban Large Kitchen Knives!

British doctors have called for a ban on large kitchen knives for several years now. I’m sure Julia Child, er, Dan Aykroyd, would agree, but you’ll have to pry my Henckels from my cold, dead, severed fingers.

comments

1. Aharon says:

Reports are that about 25% of teens getting arrested in the UK (especially I think in the big cities) have kitchen knives on their person. No, I don’t think this is a good enough reason to ban or to try and ban kitchen knives. As usual, politicians do not have the courage, honesty, and critical thinking skills to recognize and address the deep core issues in society that are at the root of the problems.

2. Bob says:

Delayed reporting much?

“Thursday, 26 May, 2005”

Bob, remember this site just started up.

1. Chris Dumm says:

As I said, they’ve been yammering about this for years.

1. VaqueroJustice says:

It is also a perfect example of the slippery slope, incremental restrictions that civilian disarmament proponents would like to see here.

Already, in the UK, you can’t carry a pocket knife legally, now they are trying telling you what kind of knives you may keep in your kitchen.

And they say the slippery slope does not exist.

4. janitor says:

i bet that guy would poop himself if he saw the arsenal i kept in my kitchen. all i stock is high capacity assault knives.

5. Robbi Oliveres says:

Aykroyd gained fame on the American late-night comedy show Saturday Night Live, where he was a writer and the youngest cast member for its first four seasons, from 1975 to 1979. Aykroyd brought a unique sensibility to the show, combining youth, unusual interests, talent as an impersonator and an almost lunatic intensity. Guest host Eric Idle, of Monty Python, said that Aykroyd’s ability to write and act out characters flawlessly made him the only member of the SNL cast capable of being a Python..*

See the most recent write-up at our own webpage
    <http://www.caramoan.ph