Defensive Knife Use of the Day: Trail Tussle Edition

Is it still considered a ‘domestic’ dispute when a couple (not pictured above) gets into it while out on the trail? “Investigators found that a man and a woman had been involved in a physical domestic incident when passers-by tried to intervene.” This all went down somewhere outside Colorado Springs. There’s a reason that cops almost invariably say that responding to a domestic dispute is pretty much the least favorite call to hear coming over the radio. As thedenverchannel.com reports, “Two of the men involved drew out knives and began to fight. Both men had been cut and stabbed and another man had sustained cuts by the time police arrived.” The woman managed to avoid injury. Which isn’t necessarily the same thing as not being involved in the fight. Fortunately, no one was seriously pierced. Maybe I’ll take something bigger than my Scallion on that next walk in the woods.

comments

1. Pantera Vazquez says:

I NEVER leave my home without a weapon, irrespective of my destination. One never knows when or where evil or misfortune is to come knocking.

2. Aharon says:

Obviously people must first be required to pass a psychiatric evaluation and a criminal background check before they are allowed to get into a relationship or even date. That way society will be free of most domestic violence. As an extra measure of protection every couple that lives together should have a sign on their front door: DV free home.

1. Matt in FL says:

Aharon, we don’t need a psych eval. All women are crazy. It’s a known fact.

1. Aharon says:

Oh thanks. You are correct. I must have forgotten.

I was just reading at The-Spearhead website that in Israel feminism is now causing much the same, as we have here, sex-based legal and social problems. The Israeli police are stating a large percentage of wives are making false ‘strategic’ accusations against their husbands (prior to filing a divorce) so the woman can get 100% custody of the children.

2. Derek says:

My parents divorced when I was young and I was raised, along with my 3 sisters, primarily, by my mother. I can confirm that all women are, in fact, crazy.

Seriously, I’m confident that any given woman in this country could qualify for disability claiming one impulse control disorder or another.

1. Aharon says:

Sorry to hear about what you experienced growing up. I think you’re right about women easily qualifying for disability

3. VaqueroJustice says:

I have made it my personal policy to never venture more than six feet into
    the woods without a good knife and a good firearm.
    Even wooded lots in otherwise urban areas may shelter snakes, drug addicts, homeless, or other threats.
    Tomahawks are pretty popular these days, and make good companions in the woods.
    Matcheties are also a good bet, and quite useful around a campsite.

4. CSprings says:

This “trail” is the Pikes Peak Greenway Trail that runs parallel to I-25, a major artery through Colorado. I also crosses US 24, the main route to/from Pikes Peak and beyond. It’s a well-known homeless camping area near downtown Colorado Springs, so this isn’t your typical Colorado hiking trail. It’s not somewhere I go…ever.