Knife-Wielding Ex-Con Takes a Bullet to his Backside

John David Samarripas (courtesy mysanantonio.com)

“[John David] Samarripas had been out of jail one day last June on a misdemeanor trespassing charge when witnesses said he became enraged about a pistol that went missing while he spent the afternoon drinking at his neighbor’s house,” mysanantonion.com reports. “‘Like a bully he went into the house and picked out the most vulnerable person (to threaten with a knife),’ prosecutor Stacy Esterak said during closing arguments. ‘He’s volatile and he’s unpredictable and she’s terrified of him.'” Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention that the Texas judicial system had previously sentenced Mr. Samarripas to a 10-year stretch for a 1991 Super Bowl party slaying and a 1992 attempted murder. Actual amount of time served: unspecified. I guess the trespassing charge was a relatively recent beef. OK, so . . .

The attack ended when Elena Flores’ boyfriend grabbed what prosecutors described as a rusted, antique-looking rifle with a bent barrel and — perhaps miraculously, they said, given the condition of the firearm — sent a bullet to Samarripas’ behind.

Aiming at his head perhaps? JK. I think. Anyway, Mr. Samarripas’ hard-edged temper tantrum offers yet illustration of why you don’t want to bring a knife to a gunfight, even if the gun is a POS. Or not. A knife is a terrific backup for a gunfight so it’s not literally true. But that’s the subject of another post.

Meanwhile, this tale of a deeply dangerous dipshit also teaches us that crime prevention is not about knives or guns or blunt objects. It’s about keeping violent felons locked up for longer, until they’re testosterone levels drop or they die of old age.

comments

1. Ralph says:

I love stories where the BG gets shot in the @ss. They just lift my spirits.

1. Pantera Vazquez says:

Yup

2. Pascal says:

So, what you are saying is you like it when criminals get in the end 🙂

1. Pantera Vazquez says:

Yup

3. Swobard says:

“Violence reduction”, best achieved by plentiful and complete application of criminal sentencing. We need to take EVERY opportunity to point out the crimes (gun & otherwise) committed by felons on parole, early release, ‘supervised release’, their own recognizance, and so on….

And to echo Señor Ralph, “Yea, reading this did bring a bit of a smile to my face”.

1. Pantera Vazquez says:

and Yup

4. jwm says:

I’ve said many times you only shoot when you have to and you stop shooting when the threat is done. We need an exception for this commonsense and humane rule. Guys like this need a bullet behind the ear while they’re laying on the ground. But the law would frown on that improvement of the human species. Oh well, in a perfect world….

5. Randy Drescher says:

Its a shame they couldn’t help old john find his 3rd eye. I guess a bullet in his backside is ok too, Randy

6. Duncan Idaho says:

I think we can conclude that prison will be VERY uncomfortable for this guy.

Well, covert, some use a spam filter, but for you, I’d recommend a spam guillotine.

8. Good luck to you all! I just wanted to tell you, this just
    demonstrates how much of a holistic, and thereby hugely
    applicable, hypnosis is. What lecturers would you suggest for a newcomer
    researching about conversational hypnosis? Here is one item I found