New EDC for CCW From Kershaw: Scrambler

As I was strolling the aisles this morning, shazam! There was the Kershaw booth staring me right in the face. So I had to stop. Really. Anyway, there was the new Scrambler staring me right in the face. The RJ Martin design, had its coming out party at shot and won’t be in the stores until July or August, but if you’re a SpeedSafe fan – that’s Kershaw’s assisted open mechanism – you’re in for a treat . . .

I like me some index triggers almost as much as assisted openers and this baby has both. The 8Cr13MoV drop-point design features a sturdy frame lock and is protected with a titanium carb0-nitride coating. The rear 2/3rds of the handle provides gripitude with textured G-10. The front bolster and the opposite side is all coated stainless steel.

The Scrambler has a 3.5″ blade and weighs in at a fairly stout 4.9oz. The really good news is, though, that with an MSRP of $59.95, the street price will be somewhere down around $35.00. Not bad at all for a frame-locked assisted opener.

comments

1. jwm says:

I carry a kershaw assisted opener as my edc. No complaints so far. If this new one goes for the under 50 price range I would give it a definate look at the store.

2. Kevin Highland says:

I like the Kershaw speedsafe actions. I actually carry two of these every day. A tanto point and for lack of a better description a filet point.

3. Matt in FL says:

That’s a nice looking knife. I’ll be looking for it in the stores.

4. Grege says:

Does it have a deep concealed carry clip like on the Cryo?

5. Austin says:

Hope it has a deep carry clip. And I really really hope they offer it in D2 or a good Elmax heat treat. Love the bolsters and I could use a good sturdy framelock.

Tech Specs just says reversable clip–note screw holes near end of grip.

I’m guessing not. I see on their Cryo II the spec sheet says ‘deep carry’.

2. dshim83 says:

Yeah, no deep carry clip.

Overview from Shot Show 2013:

6. Mark N. says:

Maybe its because of a limited exposure to cheap Chinese liner locks, but I’ve never felt that they were as secure as a lock back. Other than that, and its price point, this is winner. Love the shape of the blade.