August 24th Is National Knife Day: How Will You Celebrate?

Editor’s note: People have been visiting this page today off of organic web searches.  It is 2 years out of date.  For a list of National Knife Day sales, please click here.

Christmas and Thanksgiving might get all the press, but tomorrow is officially ‘National Knife Day.’ It’s always knife day around here, but it sure is nice to know that the rest of the country joins us once a year.

How will you be ‘celebrating’ the sharpest of holidays? Every day is a good day to sharpen a knife, but then every day is also a good day to just admire your collection. (Or expand it, funds permitting…)

For my part, I’ll spend as much time as I can playing with the test knives I’m working on, including a Buck 110, SOG Seal Pup and a Cold Steel Kobun. I’d love to spend the whole weekend doing this, but I’ll also be doing a mountain of laundry and packing for a week-long vacation so my knife time might be limited.

As this video shows, CRKT is celebrating by giving away some goodies, but it’s up to you whether you’re willing to ‘Like’ and ‘Share’ anything on Facebook. Even if it is a Ken Onion Swindle.

comments

1. Peter Kennedy says:

Most people don’t realize how much knives play a role in our every day lives; from food to protection and everything in between. Even so, our society has become so protective that carrying a knife every day for whatever purpose is looked upon with some suspicion. How things have changed. My first knife was given to me by a fellow student who gave a small knife to all his friends as a Christmas present. It was in first grade and the knives were given in the class room. It was 1938. Society has changed but the knife’s utility has not.

1. Peter Kennedy says:

A case in point today. I carries a Zero Tolerance Talon into the woods today as an EDC and used a Swiss Army to open a bottle of wine when I got back to the car. Man’s oldest tool indeed.

2. Matt in FL says:

I’m spending mine in the vet’s office. It ain’t sexy, but that’s life, right?

Maybe it’ll get better later.

3. daveinwyo says:

I did not know about NKD ’till last night. To celebrate mans’ oldest tool I ordered 4 new Damasscas blades last night!
    PS I handled a swindle at the local store… opened way smooth and I really liked the lines overall, however the pocket clip is mostly non functional, better no clip or a more standard type.

4. Skyler says:

Well it’s switch blade day in Texas on September 1.

5. Peter Kennedy says:

Who won the drawing scheduled for last Monday?

6. Pat says:

Get on the Truth About Knives Forum. Means I am over 3 weeks too late. Better late than never to celebrate knives.