BudK Tests The Folding EDC Tomahawk

Image courtesy Knifecenter.com

Early last month I spotted this edged oddity online, and we wondered if it were any good. From most of your comments, it looked like it would put the ‘awk’ (ward) back in ‘Tomahawk.’ The guys at the BudK catalog are already famous for selling some borderline-silly edged gear, but they decided to put this folding EDC contraption to the test. Against a full-sized modern tomahawk.

And the winner is…

Besides me, is anyone here not surprised by this?

comments

I think better about BudK now.

2. Daniel says:

Not trying to be a blade snob but the M48? United Cutlery? In gun terms that’s like calling out a HiPoint by comparing it to a Kel Tec. Its an improvement, but not much.

Try the SOG ‘hawks, it’s a world of difference.

3. Out_Fang_Thief says:

Is it possible to conduct a ridiculous test, on a ridiculous product,
    and look ridiculous while doing it? I think we have our answer.

1. Duncan Idaho says:

Haha. So true.

4. JaredFromTampa says:

Other than niftiness, why exactly would I want to lug around a tomahawk everyday? I don’t come across many things that need to be hacked to death on a daily basis. Do many people find themselves at a loss without a tomahawk handy? Seems like a product with limited utility. Nifty though.

1. Roy says:

You’re going to feel silly for saying that some day when you’re assaulted by marauding kindling.

1. Duncan Idaho says:

Or another stationary, slightly smaller, folding “tomahawk”.

1. JaredFromTampa says:

Lol, marauding kindling; a danger to us all!

5. 2hotel9 says:

I’ll stick to my classic hand forged tomahawk, thank you very much.

6. Don says:

I can break any folding blade with a rock. I don’t see what BUD K. was trying to prove.

7. A motivating discussion is definitely wortth comment. I do believe that yyou should write more about
    thos subject, it mmay not be a taboo subject but generally people don’t
    spewk about such issues. To the next! Alll the best!!