‘Hunger Games’ Star Liam Hemsworth Also Likes Knife Games

Liam Hemsworth

Aussie Liam Hemsworth, shown here (on the left, if you must) is just about everywhere these days. I’ve got two young daughters itching to go see ‘Catching Fire,’ and one of my greatest thanks this Thanksgiving is that I’ve got a loving wife who will take them to see it without me.

His brother Chris Hemsworth might like to play with guns (Red Dawn) and warhammers (Thor, et al) but Liam seems to like knives in real life. He might just be a good chap after all, but the ‘Hunger Games’ star really needs to stop starring in the ‘Knife Game’ even if it’s only with a Sharpie.

Here he is on Jimmy Fallon, confessing his drunken hotel-room distractions and demonstrating his remarkable dexterity. Right up until the end, when he Sharpies himself in the same pinky that caught a fillet knife during his previous Hunger Games press tour. (If this link is broken, click here to see it on the NBC website.)

comments

1. JoshtheViking says:

Any time I see someone playing five finger fillet, I think of that scene in Alien (a much better movie than Catching Fire, I can assure you) with the Gerber Mark II for some reason.

1. Chris Dumm says:

Lance Henriksen was fantastic as the android, er, ‘artificial person.’

2. knightofbob says:

I always think of the Homer Simpson version, where he hits every finger every time, saying, “Ow, ow, ow,” constantly.

2. C says:

The hunger games films are actually quite good. They also teach the young’uns a healthy mistrust for the guv’mint.

1. Nate says:

Except that the Government does not seem to need any of the districts for anything.

They have a “game” room that is like the holo-deck on Star Trek where they can summon real fire and demon dogs. Why do they need coal at all? I never read the books, but from the first film I had a ton of “How the hell they do that when they supposedly depend on the districts for X, Y, Z?” moments.

1. Arod529 says:

Propaganda. Ya know, to make the district residents feel useful.

Either way, don’t look to deep into the minor details. It is a good story with some good moral lessons.

2. Kevin A. says:

“Good” is an interesting way to describe flat, boring, and uninspired acting on the part of the lead actress.