Benchmade Warranty Dept. Turn-Ins: See ‘Em And Weep.

Image: Chris Dumm for TTAK

Benchmade knives are backed by a serious warranty. If it’s not made right, they’ll fix it or replace it. Forever. Period. This ‘few-questions-asked’ policy has brought some pretty f-ed up knives back to their Oregon City factory warranty department, and these are a few of their all-time favorites.

Image: Chris Dumm for TTAG

This model lost its pivot screw somewhere in the Sandbox, and its owner employed a field expedient repair before mailing it back to Benchmade. Congratulations, soldier dude: you got a new Benchmade.

Image: Chris Dumm for TTAK

This Benchmade was carried by a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent who barely survived an ambush by trans-dimensional extraterrestrial invaders. Or not. They honestly don’t know what the hell happened to this one, but they replaced it anyway.

Image: Chris Dumm for TTAK

Nobody is quite sure, but this one was believed to have been incinerated in a vehicle fire after an IED attack. No blade could survive such kinetic and incendiary damage, but Benchmade wanted to keep this one for the museum so its lucky owner got a free replacement knife.

Being well beyond repair, all of these knives were replaced under warranty.

comments

1. Matt in FL says:

Every one a story.

2. jwm says:

Look at these pictures and truly appreciate the term “Soldier Proof”.

3. chuck k says:

I got my first Benchmade about 10 years ago. A small folder with a partially serrated blade, made of ats34. I don’t know the model. I never could get it as sharp as I wanted so last year I mailed it to Benchmade for sharpening. It came back about the same as when I sent it. I expected they would say ship it back, but to my surprise, the offered me a brand new mini griptillian if I sent the old knife back! It is now my favorite edc knife. Great customer service and great knives! I have since bought several more of their knives.

4. Jon in NC says:

I have 2 Benchmade knives that I switch out for daily carry, The griptilian I have matches my Glock 26 in FDE. Best knives I have ever owned !

5. Tom in Oregon says:

Good to know.
    I’ve got two autos that need repair. One won’t open all the way and the other has a broken clip.

6. Paul B says:

The bolt on the first one looks like it could cause issues. You would think there would be a hack saw blade somewhere in the sand box.

I might have to get me some those. Always good to have a robust knife or two around.

1. Matt in FL says:

Put it in a chest rig pouch tip down, and the bolt would provide something to just “sweep” your hand against to pull it out of the pouch.

7. I have Benchmade MD. DA38 and the screws just fell out. Is there any way that i can buy the parts I need to fix it I love this and have carried it for years. Can you send me a price list and Ill get money strait out THANK YOU AND LOVE YOUR KNIFES. Johnny Washington 5281 Walnut Valley DR. Cross Lanes WV 25313. jrayw49@gmail.com