Humorous/Incendiary Image of the Day: “You might want to get that checked out” Edition

stabbed

I know it is fun to post gruesome pictures of your injuries, but shouldn’t she be talking to a doctor or the police at this point in time?

I found this yesterday on one of the “Click-Bait” sites (Mandatory).  I know none of the back-story of the photo, it just made me laugh.  But it also serves as a segue to my finally writing about an incident this past fall with an edged tool that almost cost me my life.

I am writing another piece in concert with this one, describing what it is that happened, but in my case I waited to post a photo on social media until after I had been stitched up.

I will leave you with this photo as a teaser, and promise the follow on in a day or two. In the mean time, please feel free to caption either my picture or the one above in the comments.

photo (13)

I think that left a mark.

comments

Hope that healed up OK; you could have cut your eye open.

2. Bob says:

Is “Ow” an understatement? Did in involve an Emerson?

3. Matt in FL says:

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory is forever.

1. People kept telling my wife that “chicks dig scars”. To this day she is not quite sure how that was supposed to be reassuring to her.

1. jwm says:

Wives are not chicks. They’re responsible adult supervision for men. A grown man without a wife ends up eating top ramen and left over pizza for breakfast and couch surfing his buddies place until their adult supervision gets fed up and heaves him out.

1. MD says:

jwm – I typically appreciate your comments, but this particular comment perpetuates the feminist myth that men are helpless, clueless creatures who need a woman to help them deal with life’s complexities. I know you’re joking. However the attitude expressed in your comment is becoming prevalent in US mainstream culture. I encourage TTAK readers (and men in general) to shrug off the role of a bumbling idiot in need of a woman’s guidance, and claim the role they’ve traditionally had for centuries: strong leaders of themselves, their families and their communities.

4. NavyRetGold says:

Always remember… Gun beats knife.. When you see the weapon, shoot.

5. stefo says:

Mate, you poor bugger I feel sorry for you!
    There was a true story in OZ here a year ago – Old mate went to scrape his dinner scraps off to the dog outside, tripped, broke plate, cut his own throat and bled to death in the back yard!

6. jwm says:

MD, my comment was mostly for laughs. Unfortunately my sense of humor is greatly influenced by Dr. Who/Monty Python and John Wayne. An unholy combo to be sure.

Strong families and communities are a partnership. Single, feral males are an unbalancing influence on those communities. Adult men need wives as adult women need husbands. Neither male nor female are complete without a life partner. Partner, not servant.

1. 2hotel9 says:

Have to agree. And laughed like hell at your first comment.

MD, much of the cultural earthquake you, as well as I, are angry about is directly attributable to the systematic destruction of familial structure that has been going on for decades in America. And JWM is quite correct. On the whole single males living outside of family structures are more prone to behavior that is less than conducive to a happy society. Especially in our current “cultural” situation. Picking the low hanging fruit I will point to gangs. A “gang” simply does not replace a functioning family structure, they supplant it, in a destructive manner. Another low dangler? Military service. Until fairly recently being in the military was much like being in a family. Young men, and to a lesser degree young women, need a “regimented”(for lack of a better word at the moment) structure to keep them from becoming, well, complete a$$holes.

Just sayin’.

1. MD says:

jwm and 2hotel9 – thanks to both of you for sharing your ideas. I do not agree that adult men need wives, but I agree with some of your other ideas and appreciate the food for thought.

7. 2hotel9 says:

A quickclot bandage commercial ran through my head when I saw her leg. It would have to be NSFW, though.

From the amount of bruising I take it that was as much an impact as slicing. Damn, brah, easier ways to get out of carrying out the trash.

8. 2hotel9 says:

Oh, and Clay? I gots to go all grammarnazi on ya! There is an “e” in incendiary. I won’t be a jerk and point out precisely where it goes. 😉

1. Matt in FL says:

Yeah, I kept meaning to fix it, but I was always on my phone, and WordPress editing on a phone is an exercise in futility. Title amended.

9. I_Like_Pie says:

I’ll bet that thing bled like a SOB!!!!

Worst thing about cuts like that – you never know how bad they really are until days have passed and you are no longer oozing.

When the cut hits you like that – all you think for a while is…oh man I am dead.