New From Zero Tolerance: 0450 Titanium Frame Lock Flipper

IMG_0651If you’ve avoided carrying any of Zero Tolerance’s impressive blades because of their prodigious size and pocket-straining weight, we feel your pain. But avoid no more. Hitting stores in Q2 will be one of their newest designs, a collaboration with designer Dmitry Sinkevich ZT has dubbed the 0450. The slim flipper will sport a 3.25″ S35VN drop point nestled in titanium scales . . .

Note the ZT lasered logo that’s missing from the usual spot on the blade. Instead, Zero Tolerance has embossed their full name on the the scale. Best of all: this EDC delight tips the scales at only 2.9 oz. And all for a $200 MSRP .

IMG_0652

comments

1. NavyRetGold says:

I love me some ZT! Titanium frame lock and S35VN is mighty fine. This is a very pretty little knife… Emphasis on “little”. Personally, I would only carry it to church, ~IF~ I went to church, which I don’t. So I stick with the big boy ZT’s. 🙂

2. tkerabbi says:

im looking at the zt 0630…

Outa my price range; really nice, though.

4. Jon M. says:

This may be the knife that finally gets me to upgrade from my Delica, the weights is really similar but with an upgraded steel in a package that doesn’t feel like a brick!

5. duroSig556R says:

ZT needs to step it up with some 4″ + folders. I’m so sick of these tiny blades being released by everyone.

1. DDD says:

tiny? lol

6. It reminds me of my Blackwash Leek

1. Jon M. says:

That’s a good comparison (and that composite Leek is a cool knife).

7. joseph williams says:

Just what Ive been looking for, exactly when will this knife be available for purchase?

Thanks!

1. I will do a little digging, but probably by Blade in June.

2. I am working on a review of my Kershaw Leek BlackWash D2 composite. I heartily endorse this blade, and is it similar in size, function and finish (obviously different blade shape) .

Not quite as robust as a ZT, but a less expensive alternative that is currently available.

8. joseph williams says:

Thank you Mr. Aalders, I appreciate your efforts!!

Joseph

9. Robert says:

If this had a deep carry clip it would be a slam dunk. The Kershaw Leek has a 3″ blade by the way and this has a 3-1/4″. The Leek is not quite hearty enough for EDC. Just ordered a Kershaw Knockout because this ZT is not available yet. I still may pick one of these up when available.