Introducing the Morakniv Garberg Full-Tang Bushcraft Knife

mora-garberg

Thanks to a video on Dave Canterbury’s YouTube channel, we can get a peek at the Garberg, the first affordable full tang knife from Morakniv. It looks to have everything that people have been clambering for… except for one thing…

UPDATE: See the end of the article for pricing information

It seems that they are releasing the Garberg in stainless steel only at this time. Don’t get me wrong, the stainless Morakniv uses is not bad at all, but I was hoping for carbon steel. Other than that, the specs look spot on.

mora-garberg-spec-sheet-1

• 4.3″ blade
  • 3.2mm thick (roughly 1/8″)
  • Protruding tang for hammering
  • Crisp 90° spine for scraping and striking of a ferro rod
  • lanyard hole
  • leather sheath with flap cover
  • weight: 9.6 oz.

mora-garberg-spec-sheet-2

mora-garberg-spec-sheet-3

UPDATE: MSRP is a little higher than expected. $110 dollars for the knife with leather sheath, and $100 for a version with a polymer sheath. For reference, the MSRP of the stainless Morakniv Bushcraft is a mere $53.99

comments

1. Garret phoenix says:

I have only one request. That a left handed sheath be made available, or an adjustable sheath be made for Lefties such as myself.

1. Garret,

The polymer sheath that will be offered is supposed to be ambidextrous.

Thanks

2. That is a pretty good looking knife. A little on the high side of what I was expecting regarding the price. I was thinking $75 tops. At $100 it has a lot of competition. Maybe the street price will be lower. It is still a nice knife. It reminds me of a scandi grind Fallkniven F1.

1. I’m betting the street price will be around $75 give or take. Even at that price there is some stiff competition.

3. sagebrushracer says:

my question is, will the $100 mora significantly out perform the $15 mora?

Assuming it does, would it be by a $85 margin?

1. thumbcallous says:

“my question is, will the $100 mora significantly out perform the $15 mora?”

it won’t, and it won’t matter since they’ll still sell a bunch to the crowd.

the $50 Moras don’t outperform the $15 ones and I don’t see anything here (except perhaps the sheath and the ability to bust a windshield) that would lead me to believe this one will too.

you’re getting to the point ($85) where you can afford a good axe to go along with your $15 Mora (ultralight crowd excluded)

4. Mark says:

I suspect if it sells well, they’ll offer a carbon steel version later.

5. pete says:

hambone?!

6. Dan l says:

The 10 ounces is awfly heavy, is it the handle or the sheath, cause it sure isn’t the steel, that’s 4 ounces tops of steel….

7. Nole Buddy says:

Well, I can see they won’t all be selling out too soon

8. Bill says:

When will this knife be available here in the U.S.?