TTAK reader JAS writes: This is an easy and free (if you own an iPhone) way to measure your blade angle.I found the method to be reasonably accurate and repeatable. I reshaped the edge on one of my Spydercos and it measured 14.33 degrees. I also measured a new Al Mar Falcon with a factory edge and it measured 21.47.
1) Download and install the free angle finder App.
2) Use a piece of wood or cardboard as your surface.
3) With the app measure the angle on your surface.
[Note: Angle finder measures angles in relationship to the earth surface. If your surface is not level record that number.]
4) Run your knife down the surface slowly lifting the spine as you go. Stop when the edge bites in on the surface.
5) Place phone on the blade and measure angle.
6) Add or subtract the measurement for your surface.
7) Repeat three times and average the numbers.